Our strategic plan for 2022-2023 aligns with the four areas of focus in the AAUW National plan:
– governance and sustainability
– education and training
– economic security
Each major goal in our plan also has a series of specific actions and responsibilities for accomplishing the goals, along with a timeline and measurement criteria.
Here are the highlights:
Institute a series of regional workshops to provide a venue for interaction between branches.
Governance and sustainability:
- Adapt state and branch operations to the roll-out of the AAUW Community Hub.
- Branches will support the AAUW Greatest Needs Fund.
- Assure state and branches adopt accepted record-keeping and archival practices.
- Foster enhancement of governance principles for branches.
- Actively explore adoption of an on-line branch.
- Uphold fiduciary responsibilities.
Education and training:
- Establish an education committee and appoint an education chair.
- Provide resources to branches on the development of mission-based programs.
- Help support AAUW Florida supporting foundation’s Tech Trek project to ensure its continued success.
- Provide diversity, equity and inclusion programs to promote increased understanding of DEI concepts.
Public policy and economic security:
- Conduct 2022 GOTV campaign.
- Promote AAUW’s Two-Minute Activist.
- Establish AAUW Florida’s legislative agenda.
- Conduct Lobby Days.
- Promote Work Smart/Start Smart.
- Promote Equal Pay Days.