Our programs and projects are focused on advancing gender equity through research, education and advocacy, and are aligned with our strategic plan.
- Biennial conferences and conventions. We hold a state leadership conference in odd-numbered years and a convention in even-numbered years. Programs and speakers are planned to inform and inspire us. We also hold our annual meeting then, to conduct state business and hold elections. Until 2021, we met in person. But with the pandemic, we put safety first, meeting virtually via Zoom in both 2021 and 2022. We’ll return to in-person meetings when circumstances allow.
- Lobby Days. Our annual trip to Tallahassee to meet with legislators was virtual this year. We still made an impact.
- Tech Trek. Week-long summer camps provide middle-school girls with STEM experience. Donations and sponsors help fund the camps.
- Women’s economic security. Being financially secure is central to gender equity. We’ve sponsored three research projects that bring the problems in Florida into focus.
- Women’s vote centennial. Branches throughout the state celebrated the 100th anniversary of the women’s vote, despite the constraints imposed by the pandemic.