Election Day is almost here. It’s not too late to use social media to Get Out the Vote. The AAUW Action Fund’s social media toolkit has content and hashtags you can use to post from now until November 3. Branches and members are also asked to amplify the posts made via the AAUW Florida social media platforms.
Thank you for the work that you have done so far during these difficult times. We have had to be innovative, flexible, and focused in our efforts due to COVID-19. As usual, AAUW women have stepped up to the challenge!
ACCOUNTS & HASHTAGS
- AAUW Florida: @aauwfl – Instagram (IG) & @FloridaAauw – Facebook (FB) • AAUW National: @AAUWnational – Instagram (IG) & AAUW – Facebook (FB) • #ItsMyVote
GRAPHICS: Graphics and How to Get Out the Vote (GOTV) social media tools can be found at https://www.aauwaction.org/voter-registration/get-out-the-vote-using-social-media/
HOW TO USE HASTAGS: Go to: https://www.wikihow.com/Create-a-Hashtag
- Your vote is your voice. #PowerInOurVote #AAUWVotes
- Mask up & vote! Our voices must be heard more than ever before. #It’sMyVote • Make your plan to vote whether in person or by mail! #AAUWVotes
30 Days (October 4) – Make a Plan to Vote Week (10/4-10/11)
- If you have not done so already, now is the time to make your plan to vote in this election!
- When is my mail-in ballot due? Absentee Ballot or Early Voting? Where is my polling location or voting center? Do I have the correct id? To help you make your vote plan for November’s election, go to https://www.rockthevote.org/how-to-vote/florida #MakeAPlan
25 Days (October 9) – #WhyIVolunteer (Election Protection)
- Poll workers and so many other volunteers are essential to a smooth and easy voting experience. We want to know why you volunteer! Share a video or photo telling the world why you volunteer using the hashtag #WhyIVolunteer and tag on IG @aauwfl or FB @FloridaAauw
- There is still a shortage of poll workers, go to https://www.powerthepolls.org/ or contact your county’s Supervisor of Elections to see if poll workers are still needed.
20 Days (October 14) – Ready to Vote?
- Consider making a plan to vote and preparing a survival kit if you are voting in person on November 3. Supplies in your kit should include masks, snacks, and hand sanitizer.
- Share a video or photo telling us what is in your kit & tag IG @aauwfl or FB @FloridaAauw
15 Days (October 19) – #WhyIVote
- Voting is one of the most important ways to share your voice in our democracy! We want to know why you vote!
- Share a video or photo telling the world why you vote using the hashtag #WhyIVote and tag IG @aauwfl or FB @FloridaAauw
10 Days (October 24) – National Vote Early Day
- Three Reasons to Vote Early
- You don’t have to wait until November 3 to have your voice heard!
- It’s at your convenience
- Shorter lines
- Learn about Florida’s early voting options here: https://www.vote.org/state/florida/
5 Days (October 29) – Confirm Your Polling Location
- Be prepared!
- Confirm your polling location today! https://www.rockthevote.org/how-to-vote/florida/ to confirm your polling location and hours of operation!
2 Days (November 1) – 866 Our Vote Hotline, Know Your Rights
- Be prepared for Election Day. If you need to know what is required when you show up to your polling place, call 866-Our-Vote or to https://www.rockthevote.org/how-to-vote/florida
- Use 866-Our-Vote to get assistance with any election-related issues or concerns. https://www.whenweallvote.org/know-your-voting-rights/
1 Day (November 2) – #WhyIVote/866 Our Vote Hotline
- Voting is one of the most important ways to share your voice in our democracy! We want to know why you vote! Share a video or photo telling the world why you vote using the hashtag #WhyIVote and tag on IG @aauwfl or FB @FloridaAauw
- Encourage everyone to use 866-Our-Vote for election day questions or concerns.
Election Day (November 3) – Vote/866 Our Vote Hotline
- Today is the day to get out and VOTE! Today is your last chance to have a say on who should lead at the national, state, and local levels.
- If you need to confirm your polling location or need assistance for any issue you face while voting call, 866-Our-Vote.