AAUW Florida Lobby Days 2020
January 21-22, 2020
Join Us at the Capitol!
- Training session on Monday evening, January 20th at the hotel
- Visit and advocate with your own legislators and team up with others.
- Information on committee meetings and sessions to attend.
- You will be provided with a concise list of bills to support or oppose that have been vetted by the national office, with talking points. We will also have AAUW materials for you to leave with the legislators’ offices.
- Dinner together Tuesday evening TBA
- Rally, Information Table on Wednesday in the Capitol.
- Stipend: graduated scale ($50-$80) depending on your driving distance plus $50 to help with lodging TBA. This is to help with expenses, not cover all of them.
What to Do Now
- Email Kay Smith to be put on the email list for updates. No obligation! (I will help match up roommates if desired.)
- Make an appointment with your senator or representative NOW for a Jan 21 visit. Call and ask for the person who does the scheduling for them (warning: events may happen to cause the legislator to cancel.)
- Build a team from your branch!
- Register at the hotel, Country Inns and Suites, 3096 N. Monroe St, Tallahassee, FL 32303 @ $149 per night plus tax — check in 1/20 and check out 1/22.
Please contact the hotel directly to reserve your room with two queen beds and breakfast included at 850-701-2850, under AAUW Lobby Days, before the cutoff date of Monday, December 16, 2019.