AAUW Virtual Lobby Days – 2021
March 17, 2021
How we spent the day
We weren’t able to lobby our legislators in person this year due to the pandemic. But technology made it possible for us to make sure lawmakers understand issues important to us.
More than 50 members heard speakers from both the Florida Senate and House as well as members of AAUW Florida Public Policy Committee through Zoom. The two-hour morning session workshop also provided information on key bills and tips on virtual lobbying.
Participants then spent the rest of the day meeting virtually with their legislators to discuss our legislative agenda.
How we prepared
Before Lobby Day, participants did their homework. You can use the same preparations before getting in touch with your legislators. You don’t have to wait till next year’s Lobby Days.
- Identify your legislators and call or email them or their legislative aides to arrange meetings.
- Identify your county legislative delegation by AAUW branch.
- Give legislators information about AAUW when you contact them. The state public policy committee will provide guidance.
- Sign up to be a Two-Minute Activist.
- Review AAUW Quick Facts.
- Review our positions for the top priority bills on our legislative agenda, and talking points. (The links show the positions and talking points for the 2021 session.)