(Travel on March 13 and Lobby March 14 -15)
Lobby Days 2023 Registration Link & QR Code
Advance gender equity
for women and girls at Lobby Days 2023
Public Policy Legislative Talking Points and Positions on Priority Legislation 2023
We will meet legislators face to face after two years of virtual lobbying due to the pandemic.
The AAUW Florida Public Policy Committee is working now to establish the 2022-2023 legislative agenda and planning a Lobby Day experience that will focus on public policy priorities: economic security, education and civil rights.
Strength in numbers.
- Meeting legislators in person is an effective and exciting way to make sure they understand AAUW positions on our priority issues. And there’s strength in numbers. If every branch sent representatives to lobby, our case would be more powerful. Please start now to assemble a group from your branch.
- We realize it is a commitment of time and money, so AAUW Florida will offer a small stipend to help offset travel costs. Stipend: graduated scale ($50-$80) depending on your driving distance plus $50 to help with lodging. This is to help with expenses, not cover all of them.
Schedule: Our Lobby Days are planned near the start of the 2023 legislative sessions, which runs from March 7 to May 5.
- AAUW advocates should plan to arrive in Tallahassee on Monday night, March 13, for a short meeting in preparation for our visit to the capitol on Tuesday, March 14.
- A Pre-Lobby Day Legislative Agenda/Public Policy Discussion and training session will be conducted, 2 March 2023 @ 7:00 p.m. prior to our departure for Tallahassee, addressing the “who, what, when, where, why and how of Lobby Days.” Please register for this Zoom event even if you will not be attending lobby days for information on how to advance gender equity through advocacy.
You are invited to a Zoom meeting.
When: Mar 2, 2023 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- Dinner together Tuesday evening location TBA.
- A Lobby Day action alert distributed while we are in Tallahassee. In order to receive the alert, you must be signed up as a Two Minute Activist.
- If you are planning on attending Lobby Days 2023, start making your appointments with your state legislators today.
- Also, it’s not too early to make hotel reservations. The public policy committee has secured a block of rooms at the Tryp By Wyndham, formerly Comfort Inn & Suites, Tallahassee North I-10 Capital Circle, 1978 Village Green Way, 850204-4000. Click here to register for lobby days and get instructions to book your room at the discounted rate of $85 per night.
Hotel for Lobby Days
Hotel Address: Tryp By Wyndham, formerly
Comfort Inn & Suites Tallahassee North – I-10
1978 Village Green Way
Tallahassee, FI 32308
Hotel Booking: Please contact the hotel via phone to book (AAUW Florida Block) before 27 February 2023
Room Rate: $85 per night
Note: Hotel Name changed to Tryp By Wyndham