VIRTUAL ADVOCACY WEEK 2022 January 18 through January 21
ARE YOU READY TO LOBBY!
Every year, we schedule Lobby Days to let Florida legislators know where AAUW Florida stands on important issues. This year, we’ve partnered with SACAC (Southern Association for College Admissions Counselling) for Virtual Advocacy Week, Tuesday, January 18 through Friday, January 21.
Join us! There’s still time to register! You can make a difference without leaving home!
Daily sessions: Noon – 1 p.m.
Learn from panels and speakers on key issues and legislative priorities:
- Tuesday, January 18 – AAUW legislative priorities, including women’s economic security, education, civil rights, and voting issues
- Wednesday, January 19 – Title IX
- Thursday, January 20 – Financial aid
- Friday, January 21 – School profiles
Information and tools
The AAUW FL Public Policy Committee has assembled a host of resources to help you make lobbying successful.
- Identify your legislators. Call/email to set up meetings.
- Get familiar with AAUW-FL 2022 Priority Legislation.
- Review talking points to use when contacting your legislators about:
- Adapt this Sample letter to send to your legislators.
- Sign up to be a Two Minute Activist,
- Review AAUW Quick Facts.
- Respond to the AAUW-FL Action Alert when received from National.
Review the AAUW Public Policy Advocacy Toolkit for more suggestions.